Thursday, October 06, 2005

Prompt Reaction # 5

You’ve lost It! Where is It?

Uh Oh...
Don't tell me I lost it... OH NO!
Oh no! Oh no! Oh no!
What am I going to do?! HE'S GONNA KILL ME!
Ok! Ok Kasey, think rationally! Retrace your steps. Where were you when you first had it?
The kitchen.
OK! To the kitchen, then!
I am in the kitchen. I was standing by the stove when he handed it to me.
"Don't lose it!" He said.
"I won't" I said.
I'm a liar! I lost it!
Well, from the stove, I had it on my finger... I went to wash the dishes while he was outside.. I took it off there, but I put it back on when I was done...
From the sink, I went to the fridge and grabbed an apple, and I ate it. I don't think I ate the ring... it was still on my finger.
I went into the living room and sat down... turned on the tube... and... still there.
I'm in the living room. I'm sitting on the couch!
After I watched my show, I got up. What did I do next?
I went outside to see what he was doing.
I'm outside. He's working on his car, changing the oil I presume.
Sat in the hammock. I'm sitting on the hammock, ring is still there.
Then I went inside, into my room.
Up the stairs I go, through the hall to the door, and... in my room!
I sat on my bed, took it off to put on some lotion... and then?
That's it! That's when I lost it! I set it down on my nightstand, yes!
I'm looking, looking, looking, not here! Not here?! OH GOD!
Maybe it fell... I'm looking, looking, looking, under the bed? Not under the bedskirt, not in the dust bunnies, not under the bed at all!
On the floor? Under the nighttable... looking, looking, looking... ruffling my hands under, all over, and OH! Could it be? I'm pulling my hand out, blowing off the fluff, and, YES! It is! The ring! I must have knocked it behind when I went to shut the light or something!
I'm sliding it back onto my finger, going out the door, through the hall, down the stairs, through the living room, back through the kitchen and waiting...
A moment later, here he comes, back in the house. "Got my ring?" he asks after washing the motor oil off his hands.
"Yup." Right where you left it, dear.

2 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger johngoldfine said...

I love material that does a lot with a little--with just a search amongst the dust bunnies. Did I ask you if you were going to take ENG 162 and cheer up my next semester with your writing?

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Kasey said...

yes, you asked me. I dont know what I will be taking next semester, but I'll be sure to check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home