Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Graf # 8

Describe A Person.

"One love, One heart, Let's get together and feel alright" - Bob Marley, One Love

Most people spend their entire lives looking for that one person, the key that fits their locks. I believe that a soul is put on to this earth into two people, and both are incomplete until they come together. I am lucky enough to say that I have found that person, that I am complete.

When he smiles, his eyes crinkle. Some call that "crow's feet", and that smile is the most contagious smile you'll ever see. You could be out in the streets with a shopping cart begging for change and if you saw that smile, a grin would inch its merry way across your face. His eyes light up everytime, and that's what gets you. His hair is soft, dark, and curling. It's long and snakes it's way down his back, in a beautiful yet primitive way. It's always fragrant of flowers or fruit, because he likes to use scented shampoos. His skin is a pale gold, darkened from the warm summer sun, and smells sweet, like salt and vanilla. His physical being is every ounce of perfection that I could ever want, and his mind and heart are more. He is passionate and kind, curious and playful. He is intuitive and quite amusing. He is honest and he is secretive, outspoken, yet shy. He takes the time to smell the flowers, and to sit under an apple tree, but he is also beautifully impatient. He lives his life without limitation... whenever possible. I love him because of these things and many, uncountable more. He loves me and treats me with respect, but he knows the right way to piss me off at the perfect moment, and I love him all the more for it. He knows every knook and cranny of my being, and I, his. Once a day in the summertime, he will pick me wildflowers, and in the winter, pinecones and clusters of evergreen needles. Each little keepsake I hold in a box, all dried or pressed, with the countless letters he's written to me. Words put down on paper, definate, infinate, truthful, and all in fluid cursive across the pages.

I remember times where we sat by the water at a pond near my home, memory after memory laid down in the soil. Our first kiss, terribly embarrassing as it was, because we happened to smack our teeth together, almost chipping my front tooth, was wonderful. I remember the very first day we had spent alone together, we had run off for hours and hours down the dirt roads, away from people and through the woods, sitting under pine trees, and throwing our watches out of sight because we wanted to erase the concept of time, so the day would never end.

One moment strikes in my mind, a peculiar memory which still amazes me to this day, is when we walked under a maple tree on a crisp, autumn afternoon, and as our hands clasped and we walked together, a shower of leaves came tumbling to the ground in a great, flood of gold and red and brown. There was no breeze, no wind blowing, they just littered the ground, bunches of them. I still believe it meant something.

There were dark, clear nights under the stars, where the moon illuminated his face, and one night it caught a glint in his eye I'd never seen. A cold, winter night, and we were home alone, sitting on the side porch, a small balcony of sorts, and he was quiet. It was January 15th, and he had been acting strangely all day, because he knew something I did not, and right there, in those quiet hours, he got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife.

We are still as madly in love as we were when it all began, if not more. He is my sanctuary, my love, my trust, and my faith. I don't know where I would be, or who I would be today if he was not in my life. He is my angel and my deviant, my sun and my moon. I love him more than life itself. He is innocent and he is mine. He is "the key to fit my locks and the locks to fit my keys" (Richard Bach).

4 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger johngoldfine said...

Too many adjectives with nothing to hang them on. Give this a second shot--he deserves it.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger johngoldfine said...

The physical description goes well enough and then you lose it. Is this guy real or a fantasy?

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Kasey said...

he's very real. In fact, he's in one of your classes. JsFish@blgspot.com.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Kasey said...

I had meant to post this as a draft, I didn't have time to finish it. But now it is finished, I understand why you felt that it was just hanging on air for a while. Read it again, it's probably a bit more complete, :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home