Monday, September 19, 2005

Prompt Reaction # 3

Writers have to listen to themselves; writers ought to always be talking to themselves. Try a conversation between you and yourself. Sometimes arguments are fun.

"When you woke up this morning, why did you hit the snooze button 7 times? You know very well that's what made you rush around!"

"I was tired, damnit. I couldn't help it, I was just too damn tired!"

"Too tired? Too tired?! You are a college student. You need to focus on going to class on time and getting your work done, and stop grabbing for some extra shut eye. You have too many things that need to get done! Lazt ass..."

"I am NOT lazy. I get up early in the morning, and I go to bed late at night, I can't help but be that tired! I have to go to work at 5 and come back to my dorm at 11:00, and then get up at 7:00 AM to get breakfast and shower before class!"

"That's 8 hours! You only need 8 hours of sleep."

"Hello! It takes the average human being 15-45 minutes to fall asleep, and I, the compulsive thinker that I am, don't get to sleep until 2 hours after I'm laying in bed. Plus, when I get back at 11, I get in the shower and clean up, brush my teeth, and it takes me a while to get settled in. That leaves me about 5 hours of proper rest."

"Ok... well, then, drink some Red Bull. Red Bull gives you wings!"

"Yeah? Those wings fall off after about an hour or so, and I feel even worse after the effect wears off."

"I've run out of complaints. You, dear, have every right to be pressing the snooze button 7 times."

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger johngoldfine said...

MOst of the time these inner voices just seem to get angrier and angrier--I'm glad to read that yours has a certain flexibility and even kindness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home