Friday, September 09, 2005

Graf # 1

My Hands

My hands are small and underdeveloped, yet they are great. These hands can paint, draw and play drums, piano, and guitar. My hands can create almost anything. My fingers are short-- I was born pre-maturely, and my fingertips are pointy, also not completely developed. My hands are scarred- covered with tiny battlewounds (I have had many encounters with the razor-like edges of paper and cardboard). They are marred from kittens' dagger-like claws, the kitten being playfully rough and completely forgiven. Many falls on my palms, calluses from monkey bars and rakes... All have made their own contribution. On the palm of my right hand, there is a small scar, between my ring finger and pinky knuckles, which was obtained after being attacked by a black and white canine who goes by the name of "Peanut". He was no peanut, but every scar does have its own memory.

My fingers each contain their own moments. For example: my left pinky finger. This finger has a faintly-coloured freckle, which is hard to see. At one point it was darker, perhaps when I had been in the sun for 3 hours and fried it. The finger to its right wears a ring. This ring is not of real diamonds or precious metal, but it is of real feeling. I love this ring because it was bestowed upon this finger with love and devotion.

My right hand is bigger than my left, and each fingernail has small white speckles on it. My hands frequently run into paint and warm, soft places on my lover's skin. They dance in his hair and catch his tears, tickle his ribs and tangle in his fingertips. My hands, on occasion, have a mind of their own, and at times, refuse to move they way I would like them to. They hide and become slightly paralyzed. That is where I start to dislike them, but no matter what they do, they are mine; my artists, my dancers, my keys. My hands are the empresses of my soul, and through creation, they are me.

3 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger johngoldfine said...

". This ring is not of real diamonds or precious metal, but it is of real feeling"

Nice line.

"He was no peanut"

So's that.

"They dance in his hair and catch his tears, tickle his ribs and tangle in his fingertips"

Ditto.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Kasey said...

So you liked it?

Thank you for the feedback. You'll probably discover that I'm addicted to people's reactions. :)

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger johngoldfine said...

Everyone else is, why not you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home