Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Graf # 7

Personal Object Description - My favorite pair of jeans.

Hmm... Ripped at the ends?
Check.
Hole in the crotch?
Check.
Faded knees?
Check.
Patches?
Nope.
Why?
No patches to fix 'em with.

I have two pairs of jeans, both identical, both worn to the threads. They are the softest, most nicely broken in, fitted, faded, squishiest, most flexible, and utterly the most rediculous pairs of jeans I own. They are Gap "long and lean" flares, size 13, in the classic pale indigo. No hole in the butt, no holes at the knees, but holes everywhere else you look. They're shredded to bits at the ends, stained with droplets of blood, bleach spots, grass stains, paint and permanent marker, and god only knows what else. They've been to the movies, to work, to school, home, and everywhere in between. Whenever I go away, they come with me. They've been a resting place for kittens, and a rest for Puppy's snout. A seat for Baby's bum, and a pillow for Lover's head. They've been a table and a chair, and storage too. Pockets are great... until they get holes in them. They're being held together with safety pins, and flimsy hand-sewn red stitches. The threads don't hold up very well and the safety pins get all caught up when I walk, because they are on the inside of the legs. These jeans I will never part with, no matter how bad they get. I can always look forward to the soft denim on my fingers. They are a welcoming embrace, a haven from stiff, thick, boot-cut devils.

2 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger johngoldfine said...

Now does a piece like this work for KD? It's one among many of the sorts of things I really go for, but I'd hate it if you were merely catering to my taste and not making yourself proud too.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Kasey said...

You will find very soon that my writing style varies significantly. I don't write in just one style, I write in whatever style I feel like writing at the moment, I'm quite fickle. You should know one thing - I never cater to anyone, (I'm sorry not to flatter you with conformity), I am well aware of what I want, and will not change myself for anyone's pleasure, unless it was for my own personal enjoyment. :D and yes, it works for KD, haha. I'm rather fond of it :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home