Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Freestyle # 10

I've come to notice a few things about my job. I like it. Not because I really like what I do, but because I like the interesting people I meet every day. There are cashiers who just complain and complain all the time, but I can't see why it's so stressful. I'm naturally a nice, caring person, and I'm interested in people's lives and how they are feeling and what their wishes are. I talk to my customers, and a lot of cashiers don't do that. They just bag the groceries, smile, and say"have a nice day", and off they are on to the next transaction. I interact with my customers, I bag their things properly, ask their opinions, make commentson how they look or what they are buying, and relate to them in some way or another. This strikes up conversation, which then leads to appreciation. I think it makes their day better to know that someone is interested in what they are doing. Someone can be in the worst mood ever, and If I can relate to that person and talk to them just a little, they leave with a smile. I've gotten a lot of compliments on my performance as person, not as a cashier.

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger johngoldfine said...

Too bad you guys don't get tips....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home